Education and Research system



To work as a health care specialist for WHO or other United Nations institutions, a person must have a master’s degree in public health. The Public Health Sciences course prepares students for careers in public health research and education, public health policy and management, and safety control. Courses offered include Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Policy and Management, Mental Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences and Environmental Health. Given the Medical Sciences Department’s wide-ranging faculty, a distinctive feature of the University of Tsukuba’s Public Health course is that students study with experts not only of public health but also of basic and clinical medicine and thus develop a comprehensive view.

Program chief

Yukiko Wagatsuma

Yukiko Wagatsuma


TMS Press



facebook twitter