The 2nd Meeting on RNA and Biofunctions-ASIA Study
“RNA biofunctions and Viruses”
9th – 11th, January, 2013
Dr. Jong-Bong Lee, POSTECH, Korea
Dr. Yoon Ki Kim, Korea University, Korea
Dr. Hung-Ta Chen, Academia Sinica, Taiwan, ROC
Dr. Ya-Hui Chi, National Health Research Institutes,
Dr. Mutsuhito Ohno, Kyoto University, Japan
Dr. Yusuke Yanagi, Kyushu University, Japan
and more (TBA)
Outline of the meeting (Tentative)
- Date: 9th January, 2013, 14:00 - 11th January, 2013, 12:00
- Registration starts: 9th January, 2013, 13:00
Venue: Hotel Leopalace Hakata (Hall A)
2-5-33 Hakataekihigashi, Hakataku, Fukuoka City, Fukuoka 812-0013
- Banquet: 9th January, 2013 19:00-
Access (from Fukuoka International Airport)
About 5 min to HAKATA station by subway (Kuko Line),
and then 3 min on foot from TSUKUSHI-guchi East 5 exit of the station
Kyosuke Nagata (University of Tsukuba), Ken Nishimura (University of Tsukuba), Mitsuru Okuwaki (University of Tsukuba)
Sponsored by a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas, ‘Molecular basis of host cell competency in virus infection’
Registration and hotel fees
- Registration: 6,000 JPY. Please pay at the entrance of the Meeting room (Hall A). Only cash will be accepted. This fee is waived for the participants from the outside of Japan.
- Hotel : 10,000 JPY/stay (Single) or JPY 7,500 JPY/stay (Twin). Please pay in the Hotel reception upon check-out.
The sum above includes banquet, breakfast for 10th and 11th Jan, lunch for 10th Jan, and some drink during the meeting. We are planning to go somewhere in Hakata city for dinner on 10th Jan.
Please come directly to the meeting room (Hall A). Check-in information will be announced during the meeting.
For invited speakers, 45 min talk including question/discussion. For other speakers, 20-25 min depending on the number of participants. Presentation should be given in English. Use your own computer for your presentation.
Please feel free to contact with organizers if you have any questions.
Ken Nishimura (), Mitsuru Okuwaki ()
Guidelines for abstracts preparation/submission and registration
- Abstracts: The Abstract format can be downloaded from here. Abstracts should be no more than one page, include title (14 pt, bold), author(s) (12 pt), affiliation(s) (12 pt), and abstract text (12 pt). In addition to your abstracts, please make your brief CV with a photo and your selected publications in the next page.
- Registration: Registration form can be downloaded from here.
The deadline of submission on registration form and abstract file: Nov. 16, 2012.
Abstract file and registration form should be submitted by email to: