Message from the Chair Message from the Chair

To work as a health care specialist for WHO or other United Nations institutions, a person must have a master’s degree in public health. The Master of Public Health Program prepares students for careers in public health research and education, public health policy and management, and safety control. Courses offered include epidemiology, biostatistics, health policy and management, environmental health, mental health, and social and behavioral sciences. With wide ranging faculty, a distinctive feature of the University of Tsukuba’s public health program is that students study with experts not only of public health but also of basic and clinical medicine and thus develop a comprehensive view.

Masahide Kondo